Global systems and global governance
Who is this course for
A level geography teachers and heads of department
Course date and location
Manchester - Tuesday 27 June 2017
London - Thursday 29 June 2017
Together, these topics are a challenging core theme for the new A level Geography Specifications (with first examination in 2018). The Edexcel, AQA, OCR and Eduqas courses all require students to study (i) how global systems (globalisation, trade and migration) have created interdependent relationships between places and environments (ii) how global governance is shaped by global institutions, superpowers and international law. Professor Klaus Dodds and Dr Simon Oakes give an up-to-date geographic evaluation of the global economic and political issues all geography students need to know about.
Registration fees include all course materials, refreshments and lunch
GA Personal/Group/Concessionary Member: £195
GA Personal/Group/Concessionary Member: £215
*Includes course fee and one year’s membership for your school to Teaching Geography
Aims and outcomes
- Prepare for teaching by acquiring and enhancing theoretical knowledge and understanding of challenging new A level core content areas
- Explore relevant and contemporary case studies of Global Governance and Global Systems for all new A level courses
- Collaborate in curriculum-making activities to share innovative and engaging teaching/learning strategies and examples of best practice
- Consider the challenges and opportunities provided by the new A level specifications, including the non-exam assessment (NEA) and new specialised geographical concepts.
09.15-09.45: Coffee and registration
09.45-10.30: Session 1
10.30-10.45: Refreshment break
10.45-12.00: Session 2
12.45-15.30: Session 3
- Dr Simon Oakes, Geography and humanities chief examiner and author
- Professor Klaus Dodds, Professor of Geopolitics, Department of Geography, Royal Holloway University of London
If your organisation would like to include an insert in the delegate packs for this event, please contact Harriet Brookes.
Got a question
Contact the GA’s Events Assistant Harriet Brookes (0114 2960088) who will be happy to help.
Join the GA
For professional journals, huge discounts on publications and CPD and online access to member only resources.Join now
Free access to subscribers