Leading primary geography
Who this course is for
Primary teachers and geography subject leaders
Course date and location
London - Tuesday 4 July 2017
This course will help you successfully lead primary geography and raise the standard of geography teaching and learning in your school. Join us to develop your understanding of geography's core knowledge and skills and consider the successful application of the subject in relevant and exciting contexts. You will also find out about geography's contribution to other subject areas and whole-school dimensions such as global learning, sustainability, values and Learning Outside the Classroom.
Registration fees include all course materials, refreshments and lunch.
GA Personal/Group/Concessionary Member: £200
*Includes course fee and one year's GA membership for your school to Primary Geography.
Aims and outcomes
By the end of the day we hope participants:
- Understand geography's core knowledge and skills within the context of the national curriculum
- Have considered factors that may influence how you plan your geography curriculum
- Understand a framework for assessment in geography
- Have access to tools that help you to evaluate geography subject leadership
- Take away a range of practical ideas for teaching high-quality geography (including some cross-curricular opportunities).
09.00-09.30: Coffee and registration
09.30-11.00: Session 1 – Introductions, practical session and what could your geography curriculum look like?
11.00-11.15: Refreshment break
11.15-13.00: Session 2 – Making the most of fieldwork
13.45-15.30: Session 3 – Practical session: Leading and reviewing your subject followed by a plenary
London: Nell Lee, Consultant to the GA
If your organisation would like to include an insert in the delegate packs for this event, please contact Harriet Brookes.
Have a question about this course?
Contact the GA's Events Assistant Harriet Brookes (0114 296 0088) who will be happy to help.
Join the GA
For professional journals, huge discounts on publications and CPD and online access to member only resources.Join now
Free access to subscribers