Case studies of transition
Through the Global Learning Programme, schools developed work focused on Year 6-7 transition and progression in geography, with a global learning theme. The projects aim to develop good practice, in global learning and include:
- Two schools in the Isle of Man used joint teaching about India to support transition
- Schools in Gloucestershire focused on creative blogging, geography and literacy
Globalisation and interdependence:
- Three schools in Burton on Trent used a day conference format for pupils to explore globalisation and interdependence
- A group of schools in Bexley worked together on exploring migration
- A cluster of schools in Leeds taught a series of lessons on Fair Trade, then evaluated their work and presented it to a teachers’ conference
- Two schools in Liverpool investigated globalisation and interdependence using a focus on chocolate
- A group of schools in Kent used fieldwork and mapwork at the local docks as a starting point for investigating trade and globalisation.
- A cluster of schools in the Isle of Wight collaborated on a Model UN Conference on climate change
- Schools in Worcester who investigated the sustainability of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
- A cluster of schools in the Lake District ran a global day conference for pupils and teachers
- A group of schools in Nottingham ran a transition day focused on diversity.