Download sample issues – for free!
If you haven’t made up your mind about Geographical Association membership, or if you’re not sure which journal(s) would be best for you, why not take a look through a free sample of a GA journal to help make the decision?
Sent to all members three times a year, GA Magazine contains articles, advice, information and all the latest news from the Geographical Association and beyond.
Geography is the Geographical Association’s international journal for lecturers, teachers and students in Post-16 geography.
Geography is available in print and online and includes:
- recent research by leading geographers
- specific studies in human and physical geography
- enquiries into environmental issues
- discussion of standards in geographical education
- investigations of specific places and regions
- reviews of recent resources.
Your subscription gives you free access to every issue of Geography (formerly known as The Geographical Teacher) dating back to 1901, and to eight other geography and education journal titles, via T&F Online.
Primary Geography is the Geographical Association’s journal for all Early Years and primary teachers and is published three times a year.
Every issue of Primary Geography:
- has a themed focus
- contains practical, informative, inspiring and thought-provoking articles to support geography teaching and learning in the primary classroom each term
- is available in print and online
- contains articles supplemented with online extras such as worksheets, further ideas and PowerPoint presentations.
Your subscription also gives you free online access to every issue of Primary Geography dating back to Autumn 2004.
Teaching Geography is the Geographical Association’s journal for all secondary and college teachers. Published three times a year, it provides support and guidance on teaching and learning of geography.
Teaching Geography is available in print and online and includes:
- lead articles exploring the theory and practice of a specific aspect of geographical education
- ideas for stimulating geography lessons, complete with downloadable resources
- articles that discuss and illustrate approaches to teaching geography
- news, views, comments, reviews and subject updates.
Your subscription also gives you free access to every issue of Teaching Geography dating back to Autumn 2004 on the GA website, and to every issue dating back to 1975 via JSTOR.