More than 10,000 teachers of geography are GA members – join them
Geographical Association membership provides specialist support and expert advice for geography teaching, as well as the chance to become part of a subject community.
Your membership of the GA helps to give geography a voice. Together, we have real influence with government on matters that affect all teachers of geography.
Members of the GA:
- Get access to member-only practical teaching resources
- Receive termly journals packed with practical teaching ideas and professional advice – view free journal samples here
- Stay up to date with the latest news about geography and geography teaching in GA Magazine
- Benefit from expert advice and guidance to raise achievement in geography in your school
- Save money on GA training courses, conferences, publications and consultancy services
- Collaborate and share the latest teaching ideas with others by joining a GA curriculum project, presenting at Conference or writing for our journals, GA Magazine or website.
- Have your achievements recognised through the Geography Quality Mark and GA Awards
- Discover funding opportunities from the GA for fieldwork, Study Tours and international linking.
What our members say…
|‘Being a member of the GA means that I am, and genuinely feel, part of a community of like-minded individuals, dedicated to furthering an understanding of the value and importance of geography.’
|‘The GA has underpinned my career in geography education from the beginning. The GA conference, time and time again, has provided opportunities to learn and grow as a geography teacher.’
|‘The GA means to me a great community of committed and inspiring geographers and educators who continually inspire and surprise me.’
Want to find out more?
Find our more about membership options and pricing.