Key Project Aims
- To support geography departments in seeking to ensure that the new criteria and specifications (2009) are met in relation to the use of ICT.
- To enhance the quality of learning and teaching in geography at Key Stage 4 and to support independent and personalised learning.
- To support the drive for sustained improvement in standards of attainment and achievement in 14–16 geography
- To exemplify existing highly effective use of Digital Learning Resources (DLRs) and support a more diverse and relevant use of ICT within a 21st century geography department.
Subsidiary Project Objectives
- To ensure greater continuity and progression in the development, enhancement and application of ICT across Key Stage interfaces.
- To provide a source of inspiration for geography teachers and students (from beginners to experts) by exemplifying top quality, but accessible, DLRs
- To exemplify differentiated techniques and/or activities using either single or multiple ICT resources.
- To ensure that the project findings are accessible to all stakeholders and that the ideas promote extensive debate and sharing of ideas within secondary subject departments and across the wider geography community.
- To stimulate Continued Professional Development within geography departments across the country. Areas for departmental and federation observations to be highlighted.