Feedback and assessment were ongoing – discussions with teachers enabled pupils to complete both formative and summative pieces of work.
Questioning on how the pupils thought they could improve and move forward was important throughout, with appropriate guidance given when necessary e.g. ‘Remember to include the most important features and landmarks on your map’, ‘Include a key’ etc.
- Children assessed each other’s final pieces of work – Persuasive Posters and PowerPoint.
- Each child chose four friends to complete their assessments.
- Feedback encouraged so the children could improve next time they completed a similar activity.
- Children were truthful and honest!
- At the end of the unit of work they also completed an evaluation which reflected on what they thought about the geography topic ‘A Village Comparison’. This included how they could improve, what they wish they could have spent more time finding out about and what they were most pleased with.
- Students discuss Perton and Brewood