The second edition of our popular title Geography Through Enquiry: Approaches to teaching and learning in the secondary school will be published in autumn 2023.
This updated edition draws on Margaret Roberts’ in-depth experience and knowledge of geographical education, with input from a wide range of practising teachers and educators from around the world.
It takes into account the changes that have taken place since the first edition, both educationally and in the wider context:
- The many new books, articles and national and international projects focused on geographical education.
- In England, the changes to the inspection framework and standards and requirements for trainee and early career teachers.
- The sharper focus on issues related to equity, diversity and inclusion and on the continuing impact of the legacy of empire on both the curriculum and the world that geography studies.
- The increasingly urgent challenges related to climate change and sustainability.
- The rapid development of digital technologies and the impact of this on the world studied by geographers and ways in which they study it.
This new edition, which is available in both paperback and PDF eBook format, is now available.