The Geographical Association Publishers’ Awards recognise resources that make a significant contribution to geography in primary schools, secondary schools or colleges, and encourage the creative development of new materials.
Publishers and authors are invited to enter resources in the following categories:
- Early Years and primary
- Secondary and beyond
- Professional Development (all phases)
In recent years, we received entries from:
- Receive recognition for your outstanding contribution to geographical education
- Gain exposure for your resources through the GA’s social media networks and coverage in the summer issue of GA Magazine sent to 5,500 members
- Use the GA Publishers’ Award logo on the winning resources and on relevant marketing literature
- Awards will be presented at the GA Annual Conference and Exhibition in April 2023. Winners will be invited to the Awards presentation.
The judges consider:
Impact – the significance of the contribution that the material is likely to make to the quality of geographical education in the UK.
Quality – the quality of the material in terms of geographical content, design, presentation and/or production.
Usability – the usefulness and appropriateness of the product in terms of its application in the geography classroom and/or professional development.
Originality – the originality of the concept or the approach on which the product is based.
A digital copy of each entry should be submitted with an entry form and a brief description (maximum 300 words) on the significance of the material to geographical education, and a fee of £65 (£60 for registered charities). The price includes a link to your website from the GA Publishers’ Awards webpage. Please note that entries will not be returned.
To qualify, the materials must have been first produced (or significantly updated) after 9 December 2022. Entries must be received by 8 December 2023, any submissions received after this time will not be accepted.
Award winners are announced during the GA Annual Conference. See previous year’s winners:
- 2023 award winners
- 2022 award winners
- 2021 award winners
- 2020 award winners
- 2019 award winners
- 2018 award winners
- 2017 award winners
- 2016 award winners
- 2015 award winners
If you have any queries, please contact us (0114 296 0088).