As per all the GA’s Committees and Special Interest Groups, the Geography Editorial Collective is a sub-committee of the Education Group and subject to the statutes and standing orders of the GA. Its terms of reference state that the Collective exists to support GA members by:
- enabling readers to keep in touch with the discipline by providing scholarly summaries and interpretations of current research and debates from the breadth of human and physical geography and geographical education both in the UK and internationally
- maintaining the quality and relevance of the journal
- commissioning content for three issues of the journal per year
- appointing from the Collective an Editor (or Editors) for each issue of the journal.
The Chair of the Collective is invited to the meetings of the Education Group, providing a valuable link between the Collective and the wider GA.
The Collective currently comprises:
- Dr Matt Finn (Exeter)
- Dr Steve Puttick (Oxford)
- Professor Fiona Tweed (Staffs)
- Professor Katie Willis (RHUL) (Chair)
- Professor Richard Yarwood (Plymouth)
The Collective meets 2–3 times per year, usually online. Meetings are occasionally held in person.
Supporting the Collective are:
- an Advisory Panel, consisting of geographers, geography teachers and teacher trainers from both the UK and abroad (see journal inside front cover for full list)
- a GA Production Editor/staff contact, and freelance professionals for copy-editing, design and typesetting, and cartography/illustrations
- colleagues at the journal’s publishing partner Taylor & Francis
- an Honorary Reviews Editor (position currently vacant).
For enquiries regarding the Geography Editorial Collective please contact Dorcas Brown (GA Senior Production Editor).