Pricing and membership options
GA membership prices are dependent on the type of membership that you require (Group, Full personal or Concessionary) and the journal title(s) (Geography, Primary Geography, Teaching Geography) that you wish to subscribe to. Please see the below table for all of the options available to you.
|Subscription details/journal title(s)
|Any two journal titles
|Any three journal titles
|GA Magazine only (does not include access to Online Teaching Resources)
The GA offers categories of membership to suit every need.
- All members can choose one or more of our specialist journals (Geography, Teaching Geography, Primary Geography).
- All members receive GA Magazine which contains a roundup of all the latest news and activities at the GA as well as subject articles and upcoming CPD courses.
- All paid-up members can opt-in to receive the GA’s weekly e-newsletter, the GA’s half termly Primary Update and/or the GA’s half termly Secondary and Post-16 Update email as part of their membership.
- Group memberships cover whole schools/institutions. Group members are provided with a website login that allows up to ten concurrent users from their single school/institution to access all the benefits of GA membership online; in addition Group members will also receive one hard copy of their chosen journal(s), plus GA Magazine, through the post unless opting for digital-only membership.
- IP access is also available to institutional subscribers in return for the payment of an additional fee; if this is of interest, please email us. IP access does not include membership and those wishing to access teaching resources and other benefits need to have a membership in their own right.
- Concessionary membership is available to full time students, first year ECTs, retired and unwaged individuals.
- A membership lasts for 12 months.
- The above prices are valid until 31 August 2023.
GA membership is great value
Personal membership subscriptions are usually allowable expenses for Income Tax purposes. Ask your Tax Office to include your GA subscription in the calculation of your tax code, allowing you to receive tax relief on the amount you pay us.
We also offer a special introductory group subscription rate for bulk membership applications from multi-academy trusts (MAT) or chains, with the level of discount being dependent on the number of school/group memberships being applied for. This offer is not available online, so please contact us by email or telephone if your MAT is interested in pursuing this option.
The GA also offers a Free Primary Membership that provides access to our regular Primary Update and targeted offers. Free Primary Members are not eligible to receive the Primary Geography journal, GA Magazine, access to member only Teaching Resources or discounts on GA training courses, conferences, and publications. To sign up for Free Primary Membership click here.
The GA’s membership subscription refund policy can be downloaded here.