Geography teacher educators are all those who work with geography trainees during their initial training and with early career teachers; this includes geography mentors, school-based trainers and university tutors.
These pages have been designed by the GA to provide all geography teacher educators with specialist support and resources for ITE and ECF training.
The GA is committed to supporting the geography teacher education community by:
- the GA produce a free monthly GA GTE e-newsletter with regular news, support and updates: sign up by emailing Julie Beattie including your name and the name of your institution
- providing administrative support for the annual conference for the geography ITE community: go to Geography Teacher Educators’ (GTE) Conference to find out about conference bookings and materials from past events
- supporting the provision of high quality geography ITE for both primary and secondary teachers: see Providing high quality geography ITE
- promoting research about geography education, research for geography education and research into the geography of education: see Geography Education Research
- acting as the voice of geography educational professionals in national educational debate and influencing policy making: click here for GA policy documents relating to Initial Teacher Education (ITE) and teacher supply.